Before you can use or copy the text, you must print out, sign and mail the user agreement contained in rsv.html or rsv.rtf. By selecting the “I accept” option during installation, you signify that you agree you will print out, sign and mail the user agreement prior to use. The agreement is enclosed below. Any use or copying of the text signifies compliance with the agreement.
The Revised Standard Version (RSV) text of 1947 and 1973, was obtained from CCAT, corrected and adapted to the ONLINE BIBLE format by Larry Pierce. According to the license agreement issued by the CCAT, "these texts are only available for NON-COMMERCIAL personal/scholarly and educational use, with the understanding that CCAT needs to maintain records of those to whom copies are distributed."
The RSV text is from THE HOLY BIBLE: REVISED STANDARD VERSION. Copyright 1946, 1952, 1973 by National Council of Churches of Christ. All rights reserved. The text includes the deuterocanonical works also known as "apocrypha".
CENTER FOR COMPUTER ANALYSIS OF TEXTS (CCAT)
Religious Studies, University of Pennsylvania
227 Logan Hall
Philadelphia PA 19104-6304
tel. 215 898-5827
With regard to the texts and software it distributes, CCAT has made all reasonable efforts to insure that appropriate consent and permission has been obtained from copyright holders of published texts converted into machine-readable form as well as from producers of the electronic form, and thus that fair and permitted use of such materials does not constitute an infringement on copyright. Pertinent information is included in the documentation supplied with the electronic materials.
In accepting the machine-readable materials and/or programs listed below, as distributed by CCAT, the recipient agrees to observe the following "fair use" provisions:
(1) Not to use or make available these materials for commercial purposes without first obtaining the written consent of the owners/encoders;
(2) To observe any special restrictions that may govern the use of particular texts or bodies of material as stipulated in the aforementioned documentation;
(3) To control access to the supplied materials and require any other party to whom the recipient supplies any portion of this material to observe these conditions and to register a signed USER DECLARATION form with CCAT;
(4) When making formal public reference to the materials, to acknowledge
appropriately the holder of the copyright to any published text that has
been encoded as well as the encoder and the source from which the
machine-readable form has been obtained, to the extent that these details
are supplied in the aforementioned documentation (unless otherwise noted,
CCAT is the legal owner of the software and
documentation being distributed);
(5) To report promptly to CCAT any errors discovered in these machine-readable materials or problems with the software.
Signed and Dated: ______________________________________
Name (printed) ______________________________________
Text: RSV with "apocrypha"/deuterocanonicals
If materials were not obtained directly from CCAT, please indicate the source:
Dr. Alexander R. Pruss, Department of Philosophy, Georgetown University